Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which publishes The Lord of the Rings for the US market, also released many individual specialty books and multiple series that present aspects of production for the film trilogy. See 115 Production Notes, Promotional Books, and Pressbooks for links to most of those tie-in promotional books, published in the early 2000 decade to coincide with releases of the LOTR trilogy films.
See the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Books site and search for The Lord of the Rings editions for current listings.
- Houghton-Mifflin LOTR Catalog – contains an incomplete listing of the LOTR volumes and various tie-in books, but worth researching.
Teacher’s Guide Files
- Readers Guide – The Hobbit (PDF)
- Readers Guide – The Fellowship of the Ring
- Readers Guide – The Two Towers.
- Readers Guide – The Return of the King.
- Reader’s Guide – The Lord of the Rings (trilogy). Printable PDF version/LOTR.
Teacher’s Lesson Plans
- Tolkien’s Middle-earth: Lesson Plans for Secondary School Educators. (This is the main page, and you’ll find links there for nine units of lessons.)