The Two Towers Releases
- Standard (jewel case) Soundtrack – December 10, 2002. UPC 093624837923.
- Limited Edition (blue leatherette case/blue CD disc) Soundtrack – December 10, 2002. UPC 093624840824.
- Internet (brown leatherette case/yellow CD disc) Soundtrack – December 10, 2002. UPC 093624841920.
- Complete Recordings Box Set (blue box) – November 7, 2006. UPC 093624437628.
Note: Many of the LOTR soundtracks have “enhanced” or exclusive content that links to online websites. These links were set up between 10 to 15 years ago, and may now be obsolete or the content may be absent or inaccessible, even if the CD itself plays on a computer.
Lord of the Rings Soundtrack Website Pages
Details on various TTT soundtrack editions. This page includes the track list.
TTT Complete Recordings Box Set. (Includes details and track list.)
Track List – Standard, Limited, and Internet Editions
- Foundations of Stone
- The Taming of Sméagol
- The Riders of Rohan
- The Passage of the Marshes
- The Uruk-hai
- The King of the Golden Hall
- The Black Gate is Closed
- Evenstar – Featuring Isabel Bayrakdarian
- The White Rider
- The Leave Taking
- Helm’s Deep
- The Forbidden Pool
- Breath of Life – Featuring Sheila Chandra
- The Hornburg
- Forth Eorlingas – Featuring Ben Del Maestro
- Isengard Unleashed – Featuring Elizabeth Fraser and Ben Del Maestro
- Samwise the Brave
- Gollum’s Song – Performed by Emiliana Torrini
- Bonus Track (Limited and Internet Editions only): Farewell to Lórien – Featuring Hilary Summers
Bonus Features – Enhanced Limited and Internet Editions
- Leatherette CD case with custom “belly band” (wrap-around cardstock with title and special artwork).
- A 20-page CD booklet.
- Previously unheard bonus track, “Farewell to Lorien,” featuring Hilary Summers from the special extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring.
LIMITED EDITION (blue leatherette) enhanced exclusives:
- All features from the Standard Edition.
- Two Towers image gallery.
- Two exclusive online trading cards.
- Lyrics and poems.
INTERNET EDITION (brown leatherette) enhanced exclusives:
- All features from the Standard and Limited Editions.
- Set of all five collectible character card CD covers, with one character on each side: Aragorn/Gimli, Arwen/Treebeard, Éowyn/Gandalf, Gollum/Legolas, Sam and Frodo/Théoden.
- Printable maps of Middle-earth and of Rohan and Gondor.
- The Two Towers print and color set.
- The Two Towers Movie Trailer.
- Score music video and Making of the Score video.
- Screensavers, buddy icons, more.
The Internet Edition was produced in limited numbers and was only sold online.
Description and Components – TTT Complete Recordings Box Set
The following description comes from a webpage on the TTT Complete Recordings from New Line Cinema:
An epic film score receives epic treatment with The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers/Complete Recordings. Released for the first time on CD, the complete score for the second film in the Lord of the Rings trilogy contains more than 180 minutes of music on three CDs plus a DVD-Audio disc featuring the score in four superior sound configurations. Breathtaking and majestic, this beautiful score composed by Howard Shore is a must have for fans of any of The Lord of the Rings films, The Two Towers/Complete Recordings is an essential experience.
The TTT Complete Recordings Box Set includes:
- 3 CDs with the entire soundtrack (45 tracks).
- 1 DVD with the entire score in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound.
- Collector’s box with tab on the top inside lid for holding the DVD, and a separate holder case for the CDs.
- A 48-page booklet with notes by Doug Adams.
- Track listing card (on the back of the sealed box).
Track List – TTT Complete Recordings Box Set
DISC 1 [CD]
- Elven Rope
- Lost in Emyn Muil
- My Precious
- Uglúk’s Warriors
- The Three Hunters
- The Banishment of Éomer
- Night Camp
- The Plains of Rohan
- The Dead Marshes
- “Wraiths On Wings”
- Gandalf the White
- The Dreams of Trees
- The Heir of Númenor
DISC 2 [CD]
- The Court of Meduseld
- Théoden King, featuring “The Funeral of Théodred,” performed by Miranda Otto
- The King’s Decision
- Exodus From Edoras
- The Forests of Ithilien
- One of the Dúnedain, featuring “Evenstar,” performed by Isabel Bayrakdarian
- The Wolves of Isengard
- Refuge at Helm’s Deep
- The Voice of Saruman
- Arwen’s Fate, featuring “The Grace of the Valar,” performed by Sheila Chandra
- The Story Foretold
- Sons of the Steward
- Rock and Pool
- Faramir’s Good Council
DISC 3 [CD]
- Aragorn’s Return
- War is Upon Us
- “Where Is the Horse and the Rider?”
- The Host of the Eldar
- The Battle of the Hornburg
- The Breach of the Deeping Wall
- The Entmoot Decides
- Retreat Featuring “Haldir’s Lament,” performed by Elizabeth Fraser
- Master Peregrin’s Plan
- The Last March of the Ents, featuring Ben Del Maestro
- The Nazgûl Attack
- Théoden Rides Forth, featuring Ben Del Maestro
- The Tales That Really Matter
- “Long Ways to Go Yet,” featuring “Gollum’s Song” performed by Emiliana Torrini
DISC 4 [DVD]
- Entire Score