The Fellowship of the Ring Releases
- Standard Edition (jewel case) Soundtrack – November 20, 2001. UPC 093624811022. Original price: $15.98.
- Limited Edition (red leatherette) Soundtrack – November 20, 2001. UPC 093624823827. Original price: $24.98? (Unsure.)
- Complete Recordings Box Set (red box) – December 13, 2005. UPC 093624945420.
Note: Many of the LOTR soundtracks have “enhanced” or exclusive content that links to online websites. These links were set up between 10 to 15 years ago, and may now be obsolete or the content may be absent or inaccessible, even if the CD itself plays on a computer.
Lord of the Rings Soundtrack Website Pages
View the digital trading cards and soundtrack information for The Fellowship of the Ring.
Track list for The Fellowship of the Ring.
FOTR Complete Recordings Box Set. (Includes details and track list.)
Track List – Standard and Limited Editions
- The Prophecy
- Concerning Hobbits
- The Shadow of the Past
- The Treason of Isengard
- The Black Rider
- At the Sign of the Prancing Pony
- A Knife in the Dark
- Flight to the Ford
- Many Meetings
- The Council of Elrond
- The Ring Goes South
- A Journey in the Dark
- The Bridge of Khazad-dûm
- Lothlórien, featuring “Lament for Gandalf,” performed by Elizabeth Frazer
- The Great River
- Amon Hen
- The Breaking of the Fellowship, featuring “In Dreams,” performed by Edward Ross
- May It Be, composed and performed by Enya
Description and Components – FOTR Complete Recordings Box Set
The following description comes from a webpage on the FOTR Complete Recordings from New Line Cinema:
An epic film score receives epic treatment with The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring/Complete Recordings. Released for the first time on CD, the complete score for the first film in the Lord of the Rings trilogy contains more than 180 minutes of music on three CDs plus a DVD-Audio disc of the entire score in Surround Sound. Breathtaking and majestic, the 2001 Oscar and Grammy winning score composed by Howard Shore also includes Enya’s Oscar nominated “May It Be.” For fans of any of The Lord of the Rings films, the Fellowship of the Ring/Complete Recordings is an essential experience.
The FOTR Complete Recordings Box Set includes:
- 3 CDs with the entire soundtrack (37 tracks).
- 1 DVD with the entire score in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound.
- Collector’s box with tab on the top inside lid for holding the DVD, and a separate holder case for the CDs.
- A 48-page booklet with notes by Doug Adams.
- Track listing card (on the back of the sealed box).
Track List – FOTR Complete Recordings Box Set
DISC 1 [CD]
- Prologue: One Ring…
- The Shire
- Bag End
- Very Old Friends
- Flaming Red Hair
- Farewell Dear Bilbo
- Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe
- A Conspiracy Unmasked
- Three is Company
- The Passing of the Elves
- Saruman the White
- A Shortcut to Mushrooms
- The Nazgûl
DISC 2 [CD]
- The Caverns of Isengard
- Give Up the Halfling
- The Sword That Was Broken
- The Council of Elrond Assembles
- The Great Eye
- Gilraen’s Memorial
- The Pass of Caradhras
- The Doors of Durin
- Balin’s Tomb
DISC 3 [CD]
- Caras Galadhon
- The Mirror of Galadriel
- The Fighting Uruk-hai
- Parth Galen
- The Departure of Boromir
- The Road Goes Ever On … Part 1
- May It Be
- The Road Goes Ever On … Part 2
DISC 4 [DVD]
- Entire Score